Capturing the full flavor of life in Christ.


Sunday, December 27, 2009

Crack Fries

Last week, my hubby and I went out with some friends to one of our favorite little places.  It is actually a brewery/bar, but the food is awesome.  Our favorite thing, crack fries.  They are very aptly named.  At our table of 12 people, we got 8 orders of fries, plus more came with most of our meals.  The next day, as I nursed my insatiable thirst and unseemly water retention, I got to thinking about the thing that makes crack fries so addictive.  Salt. 

Later that day, I sat down with my Bible to spend some time in God’s word.  Guess what verse I landed on?  Matthew 5:13, “You are the salt of the earth...” On this day, I had full appreciation for salt, it gives flavor and excitement to food.  It enriches the experience, but leaves you thirsty.  Then, Matthew tells me, it is my responsibility to live my life with zest and appeal that leaves those around me to thirst for God. 

So this is my challenge and my reason for blogging.  That through the little moments in my life, that I might be able to share the big things that God has done and is doing.  I hope that you will check in from time to time and see God at work in me.  I hope that the things I share will leave you thirsting for the living water, Jesus Christ.  Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I am a wife, mother of three, friend to many, sister, daughter, and follower of Christ.