Capturing the full flavor of life in Christ.


Thursday, March 11, 2010

Friends

A few years ago, I was a new mom, whom had just moved to a new town, and my mom and sister were really my only friends in town. While they are both great friends, they had their own lives, friends, churches, and jobs. So, I had one delightfully easy baby, and a lot of lonely time.

So, I started praying for girlfriends. I would prayed specifically for my neighborhood, since that seemed like an all too convenient place to have friends. I would go for walks and pray for the houses as I passed by.

Speed warp 6 years with me. I have friends! Not just people that I will hang out with, or that are okay. I have women in my life who inspired and challenge me. People who make me laugh. People who I am proud to be with, cry with, play with, share life with. My Bible study for example is this collective group of women who are funny, and smart, and lovely, and generous, and introspective, and honest and loyal, and compassionate, and blunt, and altogether beautiful. They all love Jesus and are striving to be more like him everyday.

I often say that the other stay-at -home moms in my life are my co-workers. (And my husband always reminds me that I get to pick my co-workers, and most people don’t. ) So yes, I am spoiled because I pick the people I have in my life, but I am here to say how blessed and thankful I am for them.

I know it sounds cliché to say that women were meant to be in relationship, but I guess for this women, I really was. So when I have goodness surrounding me like this, I can take the challenges of the rough days.

Thanks ladies, who are in my life. I am so so thankful for you. I don’t think I could do it without you. And thanks for my Savior, who saw my loneliness and put me here, with all these friends, and a reminder that he really does here my prayers.

My daughter has been a little lonely lately. So, we have switched our prayers to friends for her. In fact, the house across the street is for sale and I am praying for a sweet little girl. But the best part is, I can show Ellie how He answered my prayers, and I know he will do the same for her.

3 comments:

  1. Angel, you are a blessing to us, and Ellie is blessed to have such an insightful mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel, what a lovely blog. My 12 year old, Calla, struggles with loneliness too, she and I have been praying for good friends to come into her life. What a blessed girl Ellie is to have a mom praying for her future friends at age 6.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for you Angel and your sweetness and your good gollys and your loveliness.

    Ellie will find good friends because she has a mama who has shown her what a good friend looks like!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

I am a wife, mother of three, friend to many, sister, daughter, and follower of Christ.